Friday 30 April 2010

Revised plans

This eventful day ended with a small change of plan, and hopefully a shorter wait before I get the Sun to push electrons around my house. The chap from Installation Company phoned after I had emailed him to let him know of my roof measurements. We reckon we can get 20 Sharp ND-175E1 panels onto the roof, probably arranged as a 9 by 2 array with two extra panels below. To convert DC to AC, we'll use a Diehl Platinum 3100S inverter. It's a big brute but as it will be going into the loft, there will be plenty of room for it. Installation Company find it easier to source these components which hopefully means the system should be installed sooner rather than later.

An interesting sideline is that the inverter has a comprehensive display on its front panel which includes a smart little graph of power production over a day. It also appears to be backlit. I like the idea of pointing a wireless webcam at it so I can see it downstairs, but it leaves me with a problem. I'd also like to see the generation meter. Can I arrange things to have a single camera see both displays? Is having two cameras a silly idea?

Installation Company emailed me a revised quote (same price) late afternoon. I'll get the acceptance form and a deposit off to them real quick. Movement... at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment