Monday 5 April 2010

Loan bureaucracy

The Energy Saving Trust sent me a letter on 1 April to let me know of the changes to the grants and loans schemes that have taken place with the introduction of the FiTs. Whereas their letter of 22 March merely informed me of the reduction in the loan amount, at least this one informed me of the fact that the grant for which I had applied was being discontinued - as well as restating the position on loans. The letter doesn't actually say that I'm not getting the grant. Rather, it states that I will hear from them shortly. However, I'll assume I won't get a penny. I wish they'd just get on with it.

Meanwhile, I've heard that my panel installation ought to occur in about 4 weeks. The funding is in place and I'm ready to go ahead, loan or no loan. With relatives over to visit for Easter Sunday, I found myself telling one of them about the financial implications of microgeneration. I think he was intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment