Monday 13 September 2010

Where'd the light go?

Two interesting things happened coincidentally today. There was an email waiting for me when I got the computer on. It was from EDF and it was asking me for my FiTs meter reading. FiTs meter readings are supposed to be taken every three months but the timing of my start in the system means there is an extra sunny few weeks tagged onto the front of this set. Therefore, from 26 May to 12 September, I generated 1,306 units and this should realise £539.38. Additionally, half of these units should attract the £0.03 export tariff which adds another £19.59.

Amazingly, on the same day, a huge weather front passed over the UK today depositing a lot of rain. It also blocked the Sun rather well. Before today, my worst daily generation had been 3.4 units about 3 weeks ago. Today's return was a measly 0.9 units; astonishingly low and an indication of how poor a wet December or January day will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment